Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Place prose- Asylum



Tick tock. Tick tock.... it was all I could hear from my cot, solitary confinement makes me very lonely. I was put in here because the Lord told me that Sister Agatha was the Devil incarnate and not to take the pills she gives me. I always obey the Lord.

Sometimes I am bad, that's when they start to take my things away, it was my blanket first, then my pillow and tonight they went for the mattress. I didn't care. The Lord would save me. When I pray I like to huddle in the corner and rock back and forth, mostly because I am scared the Sisters will see me. The Sisters are bad people.

The first week I was here they took away my hairbrush, I don't know why, all I did was hit someone with it. My hair is now in matted clumps, Sister Mabel told me not even getting in the bath will fix it. My arms are covered in red marks and silvery scars, I don't know why. It must be the Devil.

The Sisters have exorcised me twice, the Priest was a nice man, but I tried to tell them that I had no demon, it was the Sisters who did. That's what got me put in here.

My feet are cold; I'm not allowed shoes or socks. My arms are cold; my sleeves are too short and my blanket is gone. Sometimes I am sad; the other people here are scary and like to shout things at me. I begged for my things back, but Sister Mary said that the Lord told her not to give them to me, she's a liar. She's just angry because I found the lipstick she wasn't supposed to have and used it to write on the wall. I didn't write anything that wasn't true, so I don't know why she's upset. It was a very nice red colour and my wall looks a lot better now. I wish I had a window, but the Sisters won't let me out of my cell. I hate it here. I hate them. The Lord will save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment